Home » HOSTED PROJECTS » Cache County Emergency Watershed Protection Project

Cache County Emergency Watershed Protection Project

During the spring of 2011, substantial flooding occurred along Spring Creek, and the Blacksmith Fork and Logan Rivers.  As a result of the flooding, significant property damage occurred to the properties adjacent to the respective rivers.  Cache County, as the Project Sponsor, was able to obtain federal funding through the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) to repair damage caused by the flooding, and take preventative measures to reduce the potential for future flood damage to occur.  The NRCS Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) Program is funding 75% of the Project.  The remaining 25% cost share will be funded by the communities participating in the Project.  Each of the communities in Cache County affected by the flooding was invited to participate in the EWP Project.

Participating Communities:

  • Cache  County
  • Logan City
  • Millville City
  • Nibley City
  • Providence City