This project was identified as a major capital improvement in the City of Greeley Master Drainage Plan (completed by ACE in 2006), includes the capture and conveyance of stormwater flows from the intersection of 35th Avenue and 22nd Street in a complex inlet and storm sewer system to the Sanborn Park Channel northeast of this intersection.
The purpose of the project is to capture stormwater on the west side of 35th Avenue in an inlet gallery and convey the flows to the Sanborn Park Channel via a 4’H x 7’W RCBC and a small drainage channel. This project consists of the following components:
- Hydrologic investigation of the tributary drainage basin to define designdischarges for the infiltration gallery.
- Hydraulic design of the infiltration gallery, 4’H x 7’W RCBC, outlet structure, and downstream channel restoration measures using Haested’s StormCAD™ and HEC-RAS.
- Final design of the 35th Avenue/22nd Street storm sewer system including the design of the infiltration gallery, storm sewer box culverts andpipes, manholes, utility conflict resolution, street infrastructure replacement, channel grading and erosion protection measures.
- Preparation of finalconstruction plans, technical specifications, and contract documents.
- Bidding and construction services including shop drawing review and construction observation.